Stats

• 4605 total miles

• 67 days of cycling

• 2 off days

• 11 states: Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Oregon

• The continental divide was crossed 12 times accumulating over 220,000 feet of climbing coast to coast

• The highest point of the trip was the summit of Hoosier Pass at 11,539’

• My favorite part of the trip: Grand Tetons, Jenny Lake

• 1 flat tire

• 3 serious rain days

• Well over 30 dog chases, mostly in Kentucky

• I spent the night in a campground/city park 30 times

• I spent the night in hostels/churches 14 times

• I spent the night in a hotel/Air B&B 14 times

• I spent the night in a warm showers host/ someone’s home 11 times

• I slept in my tent 27 times

• I slept in a bed 21 times

• I slept on a floor 11 times

• I slept in my hammock 10 times

• I consumed 414 beers

• 25 Dude Robot Stickers were documented

• 2 shoe trees were seen

• 6 road kills were documented (dozens seen)

• 4 roadside crash memorials were documented (dozens seen)

• 1 car crash was witnessed

• 6 right-wing billboards were documented (many seen)

• 38 barn quilt paintings were documented, mostly in Kentucky

• 8 Confederate flags were documented (dozens seen)

• 5 cyclists were documented traveling with dogs

• 22 female cyclists were documented, 5 traveling solo, and I estimate that 15% of all TransAm cyclists are women - so go do it ladies!

• Wildlife seen include: deer, squirrels, turtles, blue birds, turkey vultures, raccoons, foxes, snakes, ground hogs, bob whites, geese, armadillos, skunks, buffalos, bisons, moose, bear, elk, antelope, wild horses, otters, prairie dogs, wild turkeys, coyote, magpies, swallows, bald eagles, Mormon crickets, and a sea lion


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Table of Contents

Gear List

TransAm Day #1 Yorktown, VA to Glendale, VA